Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Recurring typhoid fever. Permanent cure?

hi sir, i m suffering from typhoid fever .d its coming again d again.i think wit in 3yr i got three times .d i had taken medicine for that.but a few day before i went for widal test d my report was s. typhi O 1/80 d s. thyphi H was 1/80 is its ok or i have to go again for treatment.d i already had taken vaccine .my question is its possible to eradicate this disease from my body or kill bacteria completely
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  619
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
you have probably gone to typhiod carrier state, carriers can be in gall bladder, kidney/bone marrow..
you should be given treatment with antibiotics, ampicillin, see your physician for the dose and frequency and duration of treatment..
if it doesnot help, theoritically surgeries are sugggested, gall bladder removal/partial nephretectomy..
see your physician for the diagnosis and treatment..
Answered: Sun, 25 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Allergist and Immunologist Dr. Suman Kumar's  Response
it requires long treatment
you need to use antibiotics for 3-4 wk
they should be specific for typhoid
you should try to increase your immunity by hyderotherapy
beter to consult doctor who can monitor your symptomps and give proper medicine for proper period to eradicate the bacteria f typhoid
Answered: Sun, 25 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor