Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Recurring testicular pain after being hit on the testis, had taken treatment. Which specialist should be consulted?

Hi doctor, i got hit on my left testis while playing cricket. I consulted doctor and he gave some tablets and asked to create a guard with cotton and hand key and he asked to put it regularly. I did it for one year and i feel better after some days again pain has started slightly. Could you please help me which doctor i have to concern. Thank you, Balu
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to the forum. You should consult a general physician who will refer you to a surgeon if surgical intervention is required. You should be clinically assessed to diagnose the intensity of your injury/bruise. You may need to go through some investigations ans blood tests.

You had been suggested a testicular -lift and elevation that could relief you of your discomfort. Since the pain is recurring it could be due to testicular twist which is a painful condition followed by inflammation or swelling. It can also be due to inguinal hernia which results because of weakness in the pelvic muscle.

It can be treated with medication and scrotal lift but if there is no response and symptoms continue, it has to be corrected by surgery. It is a small surgery. The most important is getting yourself diagnosed correctly and get treated well. Some analgesics can be helpful but will only give temporary relief.

Have a nice day, take care.
Answered: Mon, 8 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Had you done usg of testis after that hit , i will suggest you go for that and then consult the physician an always wear v - shape underwear .
Warm Wishes
Answered: Mon, 8 Oct 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor