Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Recurring sharp tingling pain in the foot. Morton's neuroma? Any non-surgical treatment available?

Hi, I ve had recurring sharp, tingling pain in my forefoot which I think is Morton s neuroma - this is what the podiatrist that I was seeing in NYC thought too. He prescribed me some orthotics to improve my arch. They seem to be quite good at better distributing the weight in my feet , but my neuroma pain is still there if I say try to jog in barefeet even just for a few steps. I was wondering whether there was any other non-surgical treatment available, and also how much surgeery would cost if I was to go down that route as I ve had this problem really for the last 2 years or so. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Rheumatologist 's  Response
hi dave,
you could try some NSAIDs first or get an intra lesional steroid depot shot before thinking about surgery.
Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor