Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Recurring redness on shins, scaling and itching. How can I get rid of this?

In the past (about 4 yrs. ago) a Doctor gave me Celebrex . I landed up going to ER. Ankles and shins swollen, rash and find my feet, toes feel numb. Today I came up with a red shins and now they are scaling and itch . The doctor thought I could get MRSA and I was given antiobiotics. It did go away, but again it came back...itching and scaling. What is going on? How do I take care of this? I was also told that it is a fungus???????? Thanks Dorothy
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response
Welcome to the forum.
Most simple rashes improve with gentle skin care and avoiding irritating substances. He can help the improvement by
* Avoid scrubbing the skin.
* Use as little soap as possible. Use gentle cleansers instead.
* Avoid applying cosmetic lotions or ointments directly on the rash.
* Use warm (not hot) water for cleaning. XXXXXXX dry, don't rub.
* Eliminate any newly added cosmetics or lotions.
* Leave the affected area exposed to the air as much as possible.
* Try calamine medicated lotion.
* Hydrocortisone cream (1%) is available without a prescription and may soothe many rashes.
I hope this is helpful to you.
consult me again directly through my profile .
Answered: Tue, 5 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor