Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Recurring pus filled lumps in the armpits. Surgery advised

i have lumps under both my armpits and one of them was drained but it came back and is now open and there is constainly pus coming out of both and it looks like a piece of fat or something is sticking out of it and it bleeds i have it now like this for the past 7 years. Should i be worried and the doctor advised me to have surgery to have it removed
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  203
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Andrua and thanks for the query
You should be worried as you have pus discharging from the last 7 years. It should be cured as soon as possible. In my opinion you should go for pus culture and go for the proper antibiotic course and if the pus culture is sterile than you should go for removal of the lump as per your doctor's advise. The biopsy of the material helps you to get to a diagnosis and finally get treated as per the diagnosis.
So do not delay your treatment and follow your doctor's advises.
Best Wishes
Answered: Mon, 17 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Das Arindam's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das.

Firstly, the symptoms you described are indicative of bacterial / fungal infection of the lymph nodes.

You really need surgical removal and send the pus for culture and sensitivity. The drug should be given accordingly.

Answered: Mon, 17 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
I think you shall see a Homoeopathic Physician before opting for surgery, you can get a fair treatment there which can avoid surgery and restore your health.

Wish you a speedy recovery to health

Dr.Rajinder Singh
Answered: Mon, 17 Dec 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor