Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Recurring problem of watery right eyes, nose. Diagnosed non allergic rhinitis. Cure?

I have a reoccuring problem where only my right eye and right nostril will water for a full day then I m completely fine the next. This has been happening for a number of years (at least 20 yrs). This is the third time in as little as a month and half. I had allergy tests when I was in my 20s (I m 49 now- no allergies), saw an ENTafterwards and was told I had non- allergic rhinitis as I felt stuffed up all the time but no watering. The problem stopped a number of years after and I havent had that constant stuffy feeling since except for the watering today. Normally it affects me once or twice a year but this is the third time in a short amount of time.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for ur query
Non-allergic rhinitis has two varieties - vasomotor rhinitis and NARES. Your history seems to me that you are suffering from vasomotor rhinitis as there is watery discharges only. For that you need to take nasal spray containing anti-cholinergics like ipratropium bromide on long-term basis. If there is itching along with watering then you should have undergone eosinophil count in the nasal secretions. If eosinophil count in the nasal secretion is raised in the absence of positive skin allergic testing then the diagnosis of NARES will be established and treatment for that will be intra-nasal corticosteroids for atleast 3 months and treatment should be stepped up or stepped down as per response to therapy.
I think my information will be of help to you.
If you have further queries you may ask me freely.
Thank you.
Answered: Tue, 4 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor