Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

143 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Recurring malaria falciperum and typhoid. What treatment/tests should I look for ?

Please give me your precious time and have a look at my problems. I am 20 year old female. I have been diagnosed with typhoid on sept 10 (taken taxim O tablets for 14 days), january 11 (taken homeopathic treatment), Feb 11 ( taken Ceurox tab for 10 days). 2 April (Taken 10 injections of monocef + ciflofloxacin for 5 days + monocef tab for 5 more days). Along with typhoid I also had malaria falciperum diagnosed on- Sept 10 (Lumerax 80 tablets for 3 days(twice)+ malarid for 14 days along with above typhoid medicines) January 10 (Falcigo injection 3 days( twice daily) feb 11 (rapither injection for 5 days along with above typhoid medicines) 2 April (Emal injection for 5 days) The fever has been irregular. After the last treatment I was okay though I had slight temperature increase (upto 99.3-5F). SInce 2 days I am feeling weak,sometimes dizzy. Today in the evening I had many short-timed chills, headache (like something wrapped tightly around my head), then I had fever for 30-40 mins. temp was about 99.5F. I had slightly loose motion twice today. Please tell me what should I do to get rid of malaria. I am going to get it tested tomorrow and I feel I will again be tested with positive malaria falciperum. What treatment/ tests/ should I look for ? I am afraid of getting cerebral malaria! Please help me! NOTE- I take a lot pf precaution like mosquito repellents, net. but still. And my parents are not having any such problem due to God s grace and nor are the neighbors having any such problem. I have got my sputum test for TB done too. it was negative. My hb is 12%.
Thu, 5 May 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  User's Response
what is the your latest report
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Dear,thanks for query.You need a detail and through examination by a infectious disease specialist.What ever has been given to you till date is fine ,but not effective that is the bad part of it.Please go for Ultrasound abdomen and X-ray chest to look for why you have recurrent typhoid.Before taking any antibiotic it is also recommended that you go for blood culture.Do not take any empirical treatment any more.As told please visit a senior physician or infection diseases consultant in your city.bye and all the best.
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
tell some thing abt rescent reports
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
you have mix symptom of two type 0f fever in homoeopathy first of all you tray
1.arnica 30 tds
2. china ars 30 tds
3. for seven days
  User's Response
Hi welcome to Healthcare magic. for ur problem combination of ozone therapy and Homeopathy is the best choice of treatment. this will prevent recurrent infections, and improve your immunity for more details contact us at
  User's Response
hi welcome to health care magic.firstly for typhoid you take typhoid vaccine for prevention of its do CBC,MP URINE EXAMINATION,S.WIDAL,ESR Then consult phycisian for that.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....