Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Recurring knot in neck. Taken antibiotics. Now nausea and heaviness in shoulder. Any suggestions?

I have a lump.knot in the left side of my neck . My dr keep giving me antibiotics and it never completely goes away. Now i have nausea a lot and feel like i have a brick sitting on the top of my shoulder . Since my family practitioner just wants to keep giving me antibiotics.. i need to go a differnt route and find someone that will help me. Any suggestios/
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

If it never completely goes away - it could be because the antibiotic was not working well - the dose or duration was not enough; the organism was not sensitive. Or it was not infection at all!

Proper treatment needs proper diagnosis. What is that lump?
If it is small, it could be a Lymph node - the drainage area is vast and you may need a lot of investigations. The best thing is to remove it and analyse (Excision biopsy) - sure and sensible way of diagnosis. If it is big, they do aspiration biopsy. Any general surgeon can do this.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Fri, 9 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan's  Response
Dear Concened.,

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Thanks for writing to us.

Through history you should have indicated the duration of symptoms/any throat infection long standing/caries tooth/family history of pulmonary kochs/evening rise of temperature regularly/loss of appetite and loss of weight.

Whether the above history is positive in your case or not.,

Your family doctor may be requested to alter the protocol as follows ,

by first doing (a)Routine Hemogram (b)Urinalysis (c)X-RayChest PA View (d)Neck X-ray AP and Lateral to know any bony extension of lesion. Last but the pointer "The gold standard for investigating" the above is,

(e) by doing a FNAC(Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology) in a Pathology centre and consult a general Surgeon with pathologist's reports.HPE report is the finall and binding.You may request for the slide and take a second pathologist's opinion also.

Get well soon,

Best Regards,

Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan.

Answered: Fri, 9 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor