Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Recurring itchy spot on inner butt cheek. Cause and cure?

I have a spot on inner buttock cheek, is itchy, if I press it it feels like a hole covered by soft skin. Had it 3 weeks ago, it was a hard lump when I felt it that time, then it looked like a broken blister ... It went away... Now it s back ? Any help please. Thank you. Sorry I went through the process but have no way to pay. Thanks anyways.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  183
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

you might have developed a fungal infection,

It is called as tinea cruris.

It is common in folds of skin like butt crack.

You need treatment with oral as well as topical antifungals.

Try to keep the area dry,

You can also use powder to maintain dryness.

Take some anti histamine tablet also,

This will give you relief from itch.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Sat, 27 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor