Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Recurring hard lumps on the pubic area, releases pus, heals soon. What could this be?

hie doc, am a 28 yr old male and have been having ruccuring pus filled lumps on my pubic area for as long as i can remember. they start of as hard lumps that i only notice when i hit the shower, as they are painless but they can get uncomfortable. after 2 to 3 days they open up and release a white pus. leave a small red wound that healsin 2-3 days and thats it.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  127
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi red bumps recurrent over the pubic area can be hydreadenitis is group of furunculosis which are beeded together.they are mainly due to uncleanliness or excessive moisture over the area.
They can be treated by atarax 25 mg at night.antibiotic twice daily and application of mupirocin ointment after saline compressors.use of minocycline 100 mg od can cure it.if no response go for surgical removal
Answered: Fri, 27 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor