Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Recurring edema in knees, joint pain, sore. Blood test normal. What is going on?

Hello! I am a 41 year old female, with recurring pitting edema from my knees down. I was hospitalized to have the whole gamut of heart and lung tests found and nothing was found, Bloods all came back clear. This edema hurts, my skin feels so stretched and my joints ache and are so sore. Mornings are the worst. What could be going on? What can I do to get rid of this for good? Thanks in advance! Theresa in Brisbane
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.,. Forum.
Since you mention that lungs and heart functions are normal .
The swelling over feet , below knee are the main reason of joint pain if only related to knee & ankle joints.
1 If pain in other joints are also present then get in blood for rheumatoid factors.
2 Since you are a female of 41 years hence estrogen level depletes so get in blood for calcium level to rule out osteoporosis which is most common .
3 The most important cause of swelling below knee may be due to involvement of kidneys , so kidney function test are important , please get in .
For confirmation get in ultrasound of both kidneys.
Consult a physician and get his opinion.
Good luck.
Answered: Sat, 7 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor