Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Recurring ear pain, clear fluid discharge, outer part of ear pains on applying pressure, pain during chewing. Help?

Hi, A month ago my ear was itching really badly and I went to an ENT specialist and they said that there was a small hair lodge in the back of the ear (around the eardrum ) he took it out (it was a bit uncomfortable in the short process where he took out the hair), aside from the hair he said that everything looked fine. A couple of weeks passed by and now my ear is starting to hurt there would be times were there would be small amounts of clear liquid coming out and i thought it was water from the shower. But these past two night I had a hard time sleeping because if I put any pressure around my left ear it would hurt alot. Also there has been a larger amount of clear liquid that is coming out of my ear. The areas around the outer part of my ears hurt when pressure is applied, such as my pinna, the back of my ear and the hairline that surrounds my ear. As i was cleaning my ears before any of this happened, I noticed that in the top part of my ear canal there was some sort of scab/ elevated skin that extends all the way into my eardrum. It really hurts to chew or move the left side of my face without bothering my ear. Please help, Im already setting up an appointment to see the ENT specialist soon. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  107
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
The symptoms you are describing are of otitis externa which is inflammation of the external ear. The discharge can be because of this inflammation only or there can be superimposed fungal infection in the external auditory canal. Please use a combination of antibiotic, antifungal and local anaesthetic drops along with oral ciprofloxacin and analgesics. Do not clean ear your self and visit your ENT if problem persists. Regards.
Answered: Mon, 7 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor