Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Recurring chest pain, relieves with aspirin, all tests negative. Is this a precursor to heart attack?

Within this year, my husband had felt chest pain 4 times. The first time, it was at his office and it was so bad that he almost fainted, so he called an ambulance. Second time, about a week later, the pain came on again, so he admitted himself to the same hospital ER. All hospital results were negative and he was sent home immediately or the next morning The third time, he was at home and felt chest pain one night. So he took aspirin and went to bed. The next morning, as the pain did not.go away, I drove him to a second hospital where he was checked into as ER patient and again a series of tests were made. Results again were negative. Sometime mid-October, the pain came again, but this time it was mild ( something like a chest pressure, according to him), so he didn t want to go to a hospital. He took aspirin and went to bed. The pain went off the next morning and he felt better in the afternoon. I would like to know how to find the cause of his malaise and if this is a precursor to a heart attack . Why were all results negative, especially for the first time it happened ( he was clearly unwell and couldn t even stand up)? What do we need to do the next time it happens again? Thanks Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  417
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi Welcome to HCM ,
heart attack pain will not subside by aspirin ,
history of pain is also not classical of heart attack ,
what i feel is consult your family physician first and get evaluated by him , also do chest x ray and CT Scan if required ,
if you still worry about heart attack related pain then do 2 D Echo and if required stress test TMT ,
do not panic , stay relax ,
take proper rest and sleep ,
do not life any heavy weight ,
consult your family physician and get evaluated
take care
Answered: Thu, 20 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor