Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Recurring bumps with white heads, pop with blood. How can I cure this?

Im. 19 year old male just tso months ago i relized a pimple like bump with white head on my innor thighso i made sure to wash my self more carefully. Some went away othsrs came bak. They pop just like a pimple and after the white head comes out some time a little. Blood comes out. I work as a auto motive tech so im allwys moving and get sweaty some timssmost recentyly seen some bumbs on my scrotum thats next to my inner thigh. And thing i csn try to do to get rid of it.? I also shower 2 times aday
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi..thanks for your query..
I would say about two possibilities ..First, due to occlusion by oil/grease you called are having something called comedones in your thigh. Second, you have folliculitis in the hairy areas of your thighs /scrotum.This is a mild bacterial infection but it tends to be recurrent and has a prolonged course.U can use a topical antibacterial cream like Fusidic acid/ Mupirocin twice daily for 3-4 weeks..Stop for 2 weeks and then repeat the application for 2 weeks again. If need be, you might require this to be done for a few months with gaps in between. This helps reduce the bacterial load in the areas mentioned.In any case,you should NOT attempt to burst /squeeze them at all!
Take Care!
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor