Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Recurring boils all over body. Any permanent cure?

recurring boils one or two every month on different part of body Hey doctor, I am 27 year old female..I had recurring boils at different parts of body...every month i get one or two boils at different area like chest,leg,inside nose,forehead,below belly...Because of what deficiency it is happenning to me ?? Any permanent cure for this ?? any specific food can help me ??? i had taken 10 days course of tab zocef-250 got cured chest boil but again boils came after some time at different area of body...
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  949
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Repeated occurrence of boils is called furunculosis.Usually, the cause is bacteria such as staphylococci that are present on the skin. Risk factors for furunculosis include
Poor hygiene and use of immunosuppressive drugs.
Anaemia etc

 Staphylococcus aureus has the ability to acquire antimicrobial resistance easily, making treatment difficult. Knowledge of the antimicrobial resistance of S. aureus is important in the selection of antimicrobials for treatment.
Staphylococcus aureus re-infection may result from contact with infected family members, contaminated fomites, or from other extra-nasal sites.
The  most important independent predictor of recurrence is a positive family history. Boils are spread among individuals by touching or bursting a boil. Furunculosis is a common disease, particularly with deficient hygiene. A large number of S. aureus organisms are frequently present on the sheets and underclothing of patients with furunculosis and may cause re-infection of patients and infection of other members of the family.[

Take the following measure
Take care of your nutrition
Correct your anaemia
Rule out diabetes
Keep very good personal hygiene by repeated hand and body wash with water and anti microbial soap.
Wash your bed sheets and underclothes regularly.
Get the culture done from the pus obtained from boils and take anti biotic accordingly in proper dose.
Consult your doctor and discuss with him.
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor