Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Recurrent bump on penis shaft with pus and blood coming out on squeezing

Hello, I have recently got this pimple-like bump on the shaft of my penis near the head and just below the foreskin . It does not hurt. It comes to a head every couple of days and when I pop it, some pus comes out and a little bit of blood afterwards. It keeps filling up though and I dont know how to make it go away. I dont want to see a doctor because it is embaressing and I dont want to tell my family. I am not sexually active and I never have had sex.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  615
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have what is called as Infected Sebaceous cyst on shaft of the penis.

The penile skin is rich in sebaceous glands and hence prone to get more sebaceous cyst due to accumulation of sebum beneath the skin.
Normally they fade away without treatment however they need to be treated if increase in size or get infected.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily.for a week .

If persists even after taking antibiotics you will need to consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical evaluation and further treatment.
If needed it may need to get excised in Toto (Completely along with the sac)under local anaesthesia.
Answered: Sun, 13 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor