Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Recurrent attacks of diarrohea. Suggestions?

My child have frequent diarrohea since three years. every doctor prescribed medicine & i give everytime a curse of antibiotics. in 1 month, 20 days i give him medicine than also, i m unable to cure him cmpletely. he have recurrent attacks of diarrohea. I hospitalised him for 1 month, every test f blood as well as stools has done. Now, i m fed up, plz advise
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Most of the diarrhea in children is caused by viruses. You need not worry about it unless, child is very dehydrated. Check for fever and urine output. When child is not able to pass urine, that indicates child is very dehydrated. You can start treatment of diarrhea in home it self. Feed the child with plenty of water, mixed with salt and sugar. ORS sachets are also available in pharmacy. Mix that powder in potable water and feed. Make sure that child is drinking pure water, because most of diarrhea are water born, cleanliness is also utmost important.
Thank you
Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor