Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Recurrent UTI, diagnosed with fluid filled pus cells, E-coli bacteria. What are the causes ?

HI, I am a 28 year old women, unmarried. I am suffering from reourring UTI from last 2 years.. At present i have been diagosned with Pus cells - full field and E.Coli bacteria.. Doctor has advised me to take Gramocef and urispra along with Urilizer.. is it fine.. also, i want to know what s the main cause of E.Coli bacteria.. ??
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
UTI is very common in females as urinary meatus and anus is very close.
E. coli bacteria is present in stool and infection with this bacteria is very common.
You should consult with physician / surgeon and should go for urine culture and sensitivity test.
You should also go for ultrasound imaging as sometimes an obstruction may cause stasis of urine with recurrent infection.
You should take antibiotics treatment on basis of urine culture & sensitivity.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Thu, 20 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Kumar Narinder's  Response
Dear Madam, UTI is much more common problem in women as compared to males because of two main reasons , one is because of short sized urethera & the second is due to lack of prostatic anti bacterial secreations, I told you because firstly I want to make it clear to you that it is so common with females. Now come to the main point, I suggest you to take plenty of water daily (at least 2-3 litres/Day), secondly medicines you're taking is correct, take 'cranberry' juice if possible.
Any question ? You can ask...
Answered: Thu, 20 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor