Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Recovery and Improvement of Persistent Vegetative State, please suggest

My son was a PVS than he recovered and now fully conscious and aware but without any motor function.Same is with another boy here. It is our sixth year. Have you anything for us.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jan 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  217
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

PVS is a very bad to happen with anybody it seems he has recovered consciouss, but what he needs to recover is function, function is a learned behaviour, it needs a persistent and contsistent stimulus from the parents to the child to recover the function, here medications are no use. persistent stimulation with cortical electrical stimulation may cause recovery of the function. all the best

Answered: Wed, 27 Jan 2010
  User's Response
I have written about another boy. He has recovered too much. His feeding tube is removed and now he is feeded by mouth. He has started talking by repeating words. My son is too recovering. Now he tries to assist during exercise but still without capability to initiate any move himself.
Answered: Fri, 18 Jun 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor