Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Recovering from torn MCL and ACL. Can I start walking?

I am in my 3rd week of completely torn MCL and ACL . Orthopedic surgeon said I can put a weight on it, but can I actually start walking and using this leg? I did not have a surgery. I should see him in 3 weeks until then brace and no bending, after he may perform a surgery on ACL but he is not sure now if I need one. Thank you for your answer.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
ACL repair will be normally successful as you have said the doctor may perform a surgery,if so then dont worry.if after opening of brace the doctor check the consistency of the ligament and then decides surgey is required or not?it all depends upon age ,your body's healing capacity(like if diabetis associated then slow healing),your occupation let it open first then you reply about the condition.
Answered: Sat, 27 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor