Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Recovering from stomach flu. Severe calf cramps. What diet should I follow?

Hi I am a usually heathy 36 year old mom..recently my whole family suffered the stomach flu . Myself being The last to catch the dreaded virus! I have had it the longest. I m going on day 4 now having sever calf cramps And rumbling stomach still can t keep any food down not even a banana. Besides for pushing the liquids ie: water and Gatorade, What do you suggest?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi, I think you should take proper antibiotics to get relief from abdominal infection. Calf cramps can be due to dehydration and electrolyte losses that occur due to diarrhea. Trying taking liquids with Electrolyte powder like ORS or take lemon water with salt and sugar or juices like orange juice .Try taking probiotics and semisolid diet.Hope it helps.
Answered: Fri, 27 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor