Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Recovering from an operation to remove cancerous cells in his lungs, kindly suggest

A friends father is very sick; recovering from an operation to remove cancerous cells in his lungs; has problems breathing (needs oxygen tank ) and peed in the bed (immobile). His wife is too sick to care for him. An aide helps him 4 hrs a day. He is in CA. Can t afford private nursing home. The social worker suggested that the only way he can go to a nursing home is through referral from emergency room services. Is it appropriate to call 911 to send him to emergency room? He seems to have medicare/medicaid and CA state insurance card.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  182
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query

Yes please take him to the emergency room to stabilize him. He looks like he is very critically ill.
I could have helped u better if u had told me his vitals
Make sure the hospital u r taking to has that insrance facility

Have a healthy living
Answered: Tue, 13 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor