Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Recovering from Salmonella infection, cramps while passing motion. Taking Flagyl. Can I drink alcohol?

hi,i m recovering from samonella at the minute.have started to eat again,the pain i have passing a normal motion is unbearable with cramps .i tend to almost collapse afterwards!i m on flagyl 400mg now 48hrs but i am feeling sick with with thesei wondered can i stop the flagyl and how long will the cramps go on when going to loo.the stool is yellow now.also can i drink alcholol ?.its my birthday and friends are asking will i be having a drink!
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear you should take along with flagyl 400 one antibiotics ie norfloxacin 400 twice a day with lactobacil sachet along with tab cyclopam thrice a day for a day.You should also take pan 40 along with it & one teaspoon of isabgol straightway.Don't take alcohol ................ & happy birthday
Answered: Mon, 18 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor