Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Recovered from cerebral hemorrhage. Pneumonia attack, unable to have food, weakness, lost weight. Treatment?

hello sir, my father is now 64 yrs,had cerebral haemorrhage 3 yrs back with the symptom of slurred speech. he had the same problem 3 months back. ct brain showed cerebral haemorrhage and was on strocit, eptoin and nootrophil.last month he got pneumonia and recovered from that. he didnt take the previous tabs during those 10 days.he was better then.after a week he had the attack again . he is unable tohave food due to right sided weakness. he has become very week and lost somuch of weight.please guide me what to do? ...................loving regards, nirmala.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
I am sorry to know that your father, 64 years of age has suffered cerebral hemorrhage (stroke) 3 years back and subsequently had two pneumonia attacks. he has lost significant weight and has right sided weakness due to which he cannot take in feeds by himself.

In such a situation, you must discuss the pneumonia and the recovery phase medications with regularly followup with your doctor. The organism causing pneumonia and its complete treatment is necessary. Your father might not have got totally cured from first pneumonia attack and disease causing organisms might still have remained in his system.

For his weight loss, you could talk to a dietitian and offer soft foods having high protein content. You can ask your father what he prefers to eat and try to give him smaller meals at regular intervals. Take precautions from weather changes and take him to doctor even if he has slightest cough or fever.

You could attend a stroke rehabilitation center and also get a few sessions of chest physiotherapy to make him feel more comfortable.

Hope this helps.
Answered: Mon, 5 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor