Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Recommended hydrocele for infant failing which will result into hernia. Should I go for surgery or wait?

Dear sir, My son is just 10 month old. Doctor after examining insist us to undergo an hydrocele which has occured for the baby location is above penis area and below stomach area left side. if not doctor tells that tiny ball like hydrocele will reach the bottom balls area which will cause hernia surgery. i heard from net that almost all child will have this from birth and it will disappear @ 12 to 18 months. i am confused now why doctor is insisting. should i go for surgery or wait till 18 months ?? and by the way how much it will cost @ chennai
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Hello.. I read your complaints. As the swelling is above penis it can be a hernia or one of the testis has not come down. First check whether the two testis are palpable in the scrotum or not. If the two testis are present in scrotal sacs then it can be mostly a hernia and you can wait if the child has no vomiting and passing motion regularly. If one of the testis is missing in scrotal sacs then you need to take the opinion of your doctor.
Thank you. Good day
Answered: Fri, 18 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor