Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Recently diagnosed with PVC. IS animal Pak safe for me?

Hello Doctors, I m curious about a supplement I m thinking of taking. It s called Animal Pak , a pre or post-workout vitamin supplement. I was wondering if it was safe for me to take, because I was recently diagnosed with PVCs(Premature Ventricular Contractions), and have been debating if I should take them or not. I just worry about the effects of a supplement like this. Can you help?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  428
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
You are taking this supplement but you should find out what are contents of the supplement, if you are in competitive sports your trainer or coach will guide you .
If you have occasional VPCs this should not be cause of concern but if it is more problematic or related to heart defect then it must be investigated by a Cardiologist by EKG,@ Dimensional Echocardiography, Tread Mill Test and a Hoter Monitoring and if some thing is found abnormal even a Electro physiological study.
If every thing is fine even excess of tea/coffee/energy drinks/smoking can cause VPCs .
Some times over the counter supplements can have stimulant drugs and even Steroids which are not advised by doctors until really required.
Please take care
Good Luck.

Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor