Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Received blunt force trauma in groin area. Worsening pain. Cease sexual activities?

37 y/o male recieved blunt froce trauma to groin area, childs knee to the area twice. The left testicle now is displace and moves up towards abdomen . There is on and off again pain, sometimes so severe I dont want to walk. Also, in the area is a small soft lump that can felt inside. A few days after injury, I passed a kidney stone , unsure if this is related. The pain also becomes worse when involved in sexual activity and also without doing anything at all. I did have some blood in my urine, but that has ceased. My question is, should this be something to see a doctor about right away or cease all sexual activities and try to let it heal on its own
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  313
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for the question.

Yes, you should see doctor for this and that too sooner.Because you might be getting intermittent incomplete torsion of the testis.And a complete torsion can be emergency.

Second thing you might have injured one of the testis with hematoma formation.

A sonography would be desired investigation in your case.

You can limit your sexual activities till you see your doctor.

I don't think you should leave this unattended.

Please ask if there are doubts.

Answered: Mon, 6 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor