• question-icon

Reason for pain and numbness in the thigh and legs?

Hi if i had a ACL, a MCL ( torn-snapped in half ) repaired also tears in the meniscus & tears posterior horns, grafts from left leg to help right, in a brace for 4 months before op, had severe pain straight from operation etc when standing whole foot throbbed, swelled & could bare to be standing, aching day night no sleep, numbness from thigh down ( in both legs ) then manipulation 2 weeks after that & 48hrs manipulation machine, pain blocks in back 3 months later, couldn t stand or sit or laying for long periods & always the bad leg with pain.. 4 yrs on still pain both legs are numb thigh down ( including graf leg L ) burning pain down front leg into toes, crunching in knee cap, no full flexation or straight.... but have no nerve damage so i really would like to know where the numbness in both legs are from & what would the rest problems be from.. thank you
Thu, 24 Nov 2016
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
numbness above knee level is coming from lumber vertebra propably due to the 4 month in brace
and long term inactivity
your knee flextion limitation is expected
if numbness apears only in the morning then it should go away on its own once you are active again
otherwise you should do lumber CT scan to be safe
Good Luck