Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Reason for itching under ribcage.

Why do I itch under my ribcage just under where my heart should be. The itching feels identical to the itching experienced when a bruise is almost healed. However, I have not had any trauma to my chest cavity to warrant a bruise or the itching.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  486
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear Friend,

The kind of itching you are describing is difficult to comment upon this way.

However, do you have any fever, rash?

Do you have any red colour rash/papule?

Do you have pain?

This can also be herpes zoster , it has painful rash with blisters.

Some times this kind of itching starts and then later rash appears.

It can be a fungal infection.

If you have chest pain which you are describing as itch, get your ECG done o be sure.

Review with us with your answers.

Happy to help you

Stay Healthy

Dr Anshul, M.D.
Answered: Sat, 9 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor