Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Re-operated cesarean incision due to severe abdominal pain. Facial shearing done. Pain above pubic bone. Any opinion?

I had a cesarean 2 and 1/2 years ago. Due to severe deep abdominal pain at the incision site, which did not go away with infiltrations, I was reoperated. The pain was lancinating, shooting pain. They found that the fascia was under a great deal of tension and therefore they used a mesh to repair it ( facial shearing ). Now a year after the repair surgery, I have pain deep above the pubic bone.... Like a foreign body occupying pain. Your opinion? Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
thank you for your query.
My opinion is that is the the mesh that was inserted that is causing the foreign body sensation.
The mesh sometimes gets displaced and would impinge on the pubic bone, causing such pain.
Also, sometimes it might slighly erode through, leading to such pain.
Unfortunately, the only way to know whats exactly happening is to have a diagnostic laparoscopy or a laparotomy and visualize the area.
You would also do well to evaluate yourself for urinary problems.
calcium and vitamin D deficiency sometimes predispose to pubic bone pain.
Consult your surgeon at the earliest for an evaluation.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 28 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor