Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Raynaud's syndrome, bilateral flank pain on applying pressure. Blood work showed elevated platelet count. Treatment?

Hi, I am a 42 year old white female with a Raynaud s type problem (Ice cold hands when exposed to cold temps, hot inflamed hands in the warmth of day, sometimes after eating or drinking certain things) Also I have unusual flank pain bilaterally (usually when pressure is applied, ex. hugs, bending, twisting). Also blood work revealed an elevated platelet count. What do I need to do next? The pain seems to be getting worse. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  109
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
The issue here is to determine whether the flank pain is related to Raynaud's or otherwise. In view of elevated platelet counts, there is a reason to keep in mind a possibility of a haematological disorder which in fact may have resulted in Raynaud's as well as pain in the flank. You need to consult a Haematologist (or a Physician if a Haematologist is not available). Further management can be planned after obtaining Haematologist's opinion.
Answered: Tue, 15 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor