Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Rashes appeared all over body. What treatment should be done?

My daughter got a rash about 2 years ago, and I believe the same type of rash is coming again. I remember that this was possible, but I can not remember what the name of it was. It started with a oval scaly spot on her back, and then other smaller rash spots appeared on her stomach , chest ,arms, and at the end her face. It went away on its own, and there is no treatment for it, but I would like to know the name of it and read up on it again. Do you have any idea?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi thanks for trusting on health care magic ,Friend there may be hundreds types of Scaly diseases ,such as Guttate Psoriasis ,pityriasis Rosea ,etc . you should consult to dermatologist for right diagnosis and treatment . there are plenty of treatment modalities are available so don't worry ,have a nice time .
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Kalpana Pathak's  Response
With the description you have given, it seems your daughter is having Pityriasis rosea. It is a self resolving skin condition that takes few weeks to resolve. Usually it is symptomless, however sometimes it might present with little itching. In that case a soothing calamine lotion can be used along with oral cetirizine. Hope that solves your query.
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor