Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Rashes and red spots with itchiness all over body. Cause? Treatment? Use prednisone?

my mother has had a rash for about a week now and its red spots all over her like a rash. she is also complaining of itching everywhere, but mostly her hands and feet , it has also spread to her genital area. she says nothing helps for the itching and we dont know what could have caused it. she was prescribed prednisone but she has taken it before without any reactions so we dont know what could be causing the itching and rash. she hasnt taken any other new medications . any suggestions? she is about to mentally break down if she doesnt find some sort of solution. thank you, Lyndsey F
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  207
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query,

She might have developed acute urticaria.

It is an allergic condition.

Anything including food, cloth, change in climate, pollens etc can cause urticaria.

You need to find out the cause.

Treatment can be with oral anti histamines.

Steroids like prednisolone are also helpful but cannot be used for long.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you

Answered: Tue, 22 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor