Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Rash on the upper gums, addicted to beer, history of abscess in the same area, done tongue piercing. STD in mouth?

Im not sure if it is possible but could I have gotten an std in the mouth? i have been drinking beer all weekend and it developed last night, I have a small rash on my upper gums on my right side. 2 years ago in this same area i had an abscess and had puss removed from the area. I also have my tounge pierced. Is there any way that it could be a small yeast infection from all the beer or should i contact a doctor and try to get the small rash swabbed asap? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

STD is transmitted by having unprotected sexual contact with a person who already has an STD. If there is no h/o such contact then the chance of an STD is unlikely. It could be a simple case of bacterial/fungal infection. It generally subsides with a course of antiobiotics/antifungals. Please contact a Physician/General Surgeon for the treatment. Wish you good health.
Answered: Tue, 27 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor