Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Rash on the back spreading rapidly to chest, stomach, groin area, itching and irritation on hot shower, pus discharge and redness in eye. No relief with calamine, benedryl. What can be done?

Hi, I started getting this rash on my back and now its growing at a very fast rate. Its now covering my chest, stomach, my groin area, its comming down my arms, my neck and my cheeks are covered. it doesnt itch that much, but when im in the shower i have to blast scolding hot water to keep it from feeling irritated. my eyes are also leaking a puss substance almost like pink eye in a way. i dont know what it is. Calmine loation isnt working and ive been taking benadryl
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  161
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic forum
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem
I am dr Gaurav patel ,dermatologist and will answer your query.
It look like you have some allergic condition or some infection.
In fungal infection itching is very much and common.
Pus formation indicate bacterial infection.
You need to consult dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
You can apply antibiotic cream over the lesion.
I hope I answered your question.
Let me know if you have any further query.
Answered: Mon, 21 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor