Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Rash on ear, psoriasis, raised skin, painful spot. What could it be?

For a few months i've had what seemed like a rash in the crease behind my right ear, i just attributed it to my psoriasis. there was no "raised" skin of any sort but when i touched a spot behind my ear it was painful. Overnight I developed what seems like a red, fluid-filled cyst or lump of some sort in the same crease behind my ear. Any ideas of what it could be? it feels like it is filled with fluid and hurts when i touch it
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic.
From our description, the rash behind your ears could have been seborrhoeic dermatitis or psoriasis. It could have got infected because of constant handling or scratching. This would probably be the cause of the abscess or boil which you are now feeling as a painful lump. You need a course of antibiotics which will heal the boil. For the rash, please consult your doctor to confirm the diagnosis. Topical steroid creams will help to clear the rash.
Hope this helped you.
Take care.
Answered: Mon, 17 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor