Rash on back, soreness, itching. Painful underarms. Tried Lanacane. Help

Hi, About 3-4 days ago i had a tiny rash in the middle of my back towards the right. At the time it wasn t painful but now it is very sore and starting to feel itchy (although i haven t attempted to itch at all). Now it has spread slightly. Looking at it, it seems to be clusters of small spots some are grey in colour. In addition to this and not sure if this is related but this morning both my underarms have been feeling quite painful (like a bruise ), tender to touch. I bought Lanacane - Anaesthetic cooling cream medication which i started using yesterday afternoon but doesn t feel any different at the moment. Please would you be able to help
Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Hello
Welcome!
I would be pleased to answer your question .

You have cluster of lesions which are indicative Herpes Zoster or Herpes Simplex.
You will need to meet a Dermatologist . The Dermatologist can do a skin test to confirm the diagnosis. And and Antiviral medication will need to be started .

Thanks and Take care