Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Rash in the right side of the trunk, spreading to pelvis, buttocks, itching, forming scabs. Suggestions?

I have a rash that started on my right side torso, that I thought was a spider bite . I was put on antibiotics, it s gotten better but it seems to be spreading down my right side my pelvis area and now on my buttocks? What could it be. I seem to itch and makes scabs that are much bigger than the original rash, and just in one spot out of the rash
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello sir,

It seems you have developed Herpes zoster (shingles). It needs to be treated as soon as possible. But first the diagnosis need to be established by consulting a qualified dermatologist. The points in favor of shingles are:
1. It is unilateral (confined to 1 side of body)
2. the rash consists of vesicles (fluid filled), so it tends to become crusted
Answered: Mon, 3 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor