Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Rash in the inner thigh spreading to genital area. Could this be a skin infection?

My best friend had had a rash on her inner thigh for about 4 days and now it has spread to her private region.Also it is in pain.She have black bumps that are in the infected area.shes only used water,mild soap,and lotion.She isn t having any fevers, nausea ,or body aches.I thought it was just a mild skin infection but the fact that its spreading is causing me concern.she hasn t had any sexual contact recently.So I m not sure if it was a present infection that s she just having an outbreak with.please let me know
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Brianalucas,
Thanks for writing your query.

It seems that your friend is having dermatitis. She needs a clinical examination.
She should consult a Dermatologist for examination.

She should keep the affected area clean and dry.
Clothings both inner and outer should be clean and changed daily.

She can apply locally cream conatining combination of antifungal like miconazole, steroid like betamethasone and antibiotic like gentamycin. This should be applied atleast 2-3 times a day for about a week. Antihistaminic like Fenofexadine 180 mg can be taken once a day alongwith.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Tue, 5 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor