• question-icon

Rash in chest and arms like blisters. Sun causing bubbles. Help?

Hi last year on a sunny day i came over in a rash on my chest and inner arms Like blistering. It was the weekend and i went to the hospital and was told it was an allergic reaction to something and prescribed some Piriton and sent on my way. it caused me to have 3 weeks off work and the only way i could make it disappear was to sit in dark rooms, which i found strange to be an allergic reaction. so a year has passed the sun has come out again and now the outside of my hands have started bubbling up. im fair skinned i don t sit out in the direct sunlight but the other day i was driving down the road and the sun was just slightly shining onto my skin and i could see my hands blistering before my very eyes which has scared me, one thing i have noticed the areas affected do not seem to be creating freckles like the rest of my arms. your help would be appreciated thank you. Regards Brian Harvey.
Wed, 30 Oct 2013
Hello Brian,
Welcome to healthcare magic.
From your description, I would consider the possibilities of an acute photo toxic reaction , porphyrias and hydroa vacciniforme.
You have not mentioned your age, who would help assess better.
Photo toxic reactions occur as a reaction to a drug/ allergen. Are you on any medication?
Porphyrias are a big group of disorders which require a detailed work up.
Hydroa vaccinforme is an allergic reaction to UV rays.
All the disorders need to be considered and a detailed work up is necessary to come to a conclusion.
Hope this helps.