Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Rapid mood swings, depression, stress. What can help?

Hello! My name is Kate. I'm 25 years old. I'm suffering from very rapid mood changes, stresses and depression that can be just for a few days or sometimes for long time. I don't know what to do as I told my problem to my GP and didn't get anything that could help me. I do suffer so much from bad mood and it is affects my family life. I'm married for 5 years and during this period of time I periodically getting very stressed that I feel very depressed sometimes that I can not stop crying hiding somewhere. I love my husband, but I feel like I'm driving him crazy. I don't want to go to see my GP as I know by definite that it won't help. If I say something about my stress or depression they just laugh... Please, help me! I feel that my family is breaking up...
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to HCM

Rapid change in mood, stress, crying spells, depression etc should not be ignored. They are definitely the symptoms of mild to moderate depression. Your GP didn't pay attention to your problem. I would advise you to please visit a good psychiatrist for detailed evaluation. Medicines like SSRIs, SNRIs etc are used in depression.
Apart from medicinal treatment other methods like Cognitive Therapy are very useful and have promising results in depressive disorder.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
Answered: Sun, 7 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Gourav Monga's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
I can understand your situation. I appreciate your effort to seek online support.

As per your details, you are possibly having depressive episodes. Following treatment strategies would be helpful-

1) Antidepressants like SSRIs (escitalopram, sertarline, paroxetine etc)
2) Antianxiety agents like clonazepam, lorazepam, alprazolam etc
3) Psychotherapy/ Counselling sessions
4) Relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation, deep breathing etc

Don't worry and relax. You have to see a qualified psychiatrist for detailed work up and treatment.

Hope it helps
Good luck
Dr. Gourav Monga
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Mon, 8 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor