Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Random stinging feeling in various body parts with rise in temperature, skin dryness, redness on scratching. dermatomyositis. No relief with antihistamines. What is the remedy?

Hi, I have had this mysterious illness on and off for about 2 years now. I live in a poor family, and can t afford regular visits with a doctor, so I hope you may solve my problem. Basically I would have random stinging feelings in random places of my body at random times. These stinging sensation hurt a lot! They usually lasts a few minutes, but occasionally lasts up to an hour or more! It s crippling me from doing even daily activities. Whenever I have the stings my body temperature would also rise. I could feel the heat from my body when I touch my back. In some cases my skin become itchy, and when I scratch myself my body would turn bright red. However I don t have any bumps on my skin, so I don t lnow if it s hives or something like that. Sometimes the symptoms calm down if I relax or put cold things next to my body, and sometimes it doesn t work at all. I ve took antihistamine pills (clarityn) a few times but it didn t really work. Please help me! Thanks in advance!
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  192
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Please take some good antihistamine long acting or short acting can also be taken
I would suggest you to take
•     Fexofenadine 60mg B.D.
•     Albendazole 200mg
Answered: Mon, 10 Jun 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor