Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Random rude comments, loud uncontrolled laughter, extremely intelligent, beats himself. Mental disorder?

Hi! So there is a boy in my class and I am very curious about what his disorder is so I can be more understanding of his outbursts. Sometimes, he will make random comments, have loud, uncontrollable laughter, or be quiet and rock back and forth. He doesn t have friends but is extremely intellegent and can hold an intellectual conversation. Although, today he was punching himself in the face. Do these symptoms lead up to any disorders? Please let me know. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Oct 2012
hi..well this may be an impulse control disorder, a form of seizure disorder or a rare disorder called Tourette syndrome..whatever it is, he requires a detailed evaluation by a psychiatrist or neurologist..because these are curable although can talk to him about the issues if he is ready to listen..thus you can help..thanks
Answered: Mon, 22 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Gourav Monga's  Response

welcome to health care magic

According to the details given by you, he could have -

1) Attention Seeking Behaviour
2) Bipolar disorder
3) Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder
4) Conduct Disorder
5) Psychotic disorders like schizophrenia/schizoaffective disorder
6) Personality disorders

For proper diagnosis, consult a psychiatrist as self harming is an alarming sign

Good Luck

Answered: Mon, 22 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. A K M Wasim Rahman's  Response
Yes the symptom may lead up to a multiple diagnosis-
1. Impulse control disorder
2. OC spectrum disease
3. Tourette disorder
4. ADHD-Hyperactivity type
But to come to any definite diagnosis your information is not adequate here. A detailed examination and interview is needed.
You may advice his parent to consult a psychiatrist if possible. Inthis way you can help him.
Thanks for approaching.
Answered: Mon, 22 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor