Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Raised white scab beneath left toe, slight yellow tinge, no pain, discomfort. Treatment?

Hi! I have a little problem. There is a raised white scab on the bottom of my left big toe . It is where a scab used to be. It isn t hard, but it isn t soft either. It is about 2 mm in diameter. I has a slight yellow tinge in the center of it. There is no pain or discomfort in the area. Might you have any ideas to what this is? Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Most likely you have a callous. Due to constant compression in one spot, the skin gets harder and harder. This happens to protect tissues under it. Generally this is a mild skin lesion however can cause discomfort or pain.
I suggest you to try some OTC medicine for its removal (some kind of acid should be available in the pharmacy). If it wont help, surgical removal should be considered.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Fri, 17 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor