Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Raised, red, hardened patch on skin. Used clindamycin phosphate

Hi, I am a teenage female that has a regular skin regimine to take care of blemishes, but i recently got a large patch on my skin that is slightly raised, very red, and hardened a little on the outside.. it doesnt have the same consistency as the rest of my skin. i use a clyndomycin phosphate gel on the rest of my face, so i treated the area the same, but after about 4 days it hasn t gotten any better
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  381
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello.i think the patch is due to fungal infection tinea fasce .it is cured by antihistamine.terbinafine tablets and terbinafine cream for 14 days
Answered: Wed, 21 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor