Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Raised, painful bumps in the vaginal area between the pelvis and leg. Suggestions?

Hello, I have a few hard, elevated lumps under my skin near my vaginal area. Usually appearing on the very top of my inner thigh or in the crease between my pelvis and my leg. They can be painful and sometimes red if bothered. Sometimes pop and sometimes they just go away, I don t think I ve got an std as my partner does not have them
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi dear its not an std but is simple folliculitis. Pelvic area is rich in sebaceous glands and these glands get blocked and get infected. I would advice u to shave off the hair in that area. But do when there are no new lesions. Also u can use an antibiotic oint like mupirocine. Thank u
Answered: Sat, 12 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor