Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Raised bumps on thighs, flares up, red, painful. Visible after gaining weight. What is it?

Hi, I m 18 years old and I have had these raised pieces of fless on my inner thighs for at least two years now. I know this will probably be asked so I have been sexually active with one person. He didn t seem to have any of these bumps on him so I don t think it s an std (but I d rather make sure). Sometimes they will flare up and get red and painful, then they gradually go back to just a peice of skin colored flesh. They are very tiny and only occur on the upper inner thighs. I know I should probably be going to the doctor but I am scarce on money right now. Also when they are red and painful they do not usually have any pus in them. I honestly started noticing them when I gained a little bit of weight a while back. Nothing dramatic (about maybe 20 pounds in 2 years). Any ideas?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
From the description provided these appear to be skin tags. Skin tags may occur is association with weight gain. The lesions get red due to inflammation which could be friction induced at the site.
Treatment is removal of tags by Radiofrequency or cautery. Another probability could be warts but these seem to be a bit unlikely.
Hope that helped
Answered: Wed, 31 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor