Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Raised bumps on groin area, itching, looks like hives. Treatment?

I ve had raised bumps on my groin area for about a month now but I do not think they are herpes because there s no pus. At first I thought it was an allergic reaction to a soap I started using around the time they appear but I have stopped using it soon after and they have not disappeared. The itching is getting worse. They are extremely itcy especially at night. And tonight they look more like hives .
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  126
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response

Herpes is a self limiting disorder and not lasts more than two weeks in an immune competent individual.

Your problem of raised papular lesions with severe itching may be due to ring worm, a superficial fungal infection and may look like hives.
It will be easily treated with appropriate anti-fungal topical and systemic preparations available plenty in the market.

You can consult your dermatologist and they will give the exact diagnosis and and appropriate treatment. You have to take the treatment for at least 4 weeks otherwise relapse is possible. Avoid using swimming pool or some type of common bathing and don't share your clothes, soap and towel with others.
You will be alright soon.
Dr S.Murugan
Answered: Fri, 7 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor