Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Radiographer, pregnancy unsure. Should I take the risk of scanning the patient?

I am a radiographer. A patient who has had a bone scan is coming for a CT scan . I am unsure if i am pregnant as my period is due this week but the length of my cycle changes and sometimes its 25 days and sometimes 28... I am in between. As I am unsure and may or may not be pregnant should I take the risk of scanning this patient. Obviosly as it is very early to tell I have not mentioned to my collegues... Please advise.
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
It would be advisable not to expose yourself to any amount of radiation. One cannot predict with certainity the side effects of radiation on the fetus. In addition I would suggest you to take lots of Vitamin B supplements as they are good for the growth of neural tissue of the fetus.
Answered: Sat, 5 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor