Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

RA factor 320. Anti CCP, ANA, ACE, HLA negative. Having Occasional joint pains, psoriasis, chest pain, allergy attacks. RA or PSA?

I am 36 my RA factor is 320. I had done tests like Anti-CCP, ANA, ACE, HLA etc... all came negative. I have small joints pains occasionally. I have skin psoriasis like behind my ear, and chest pain , allergy attacks. I felt watery mouth also and dryness in eyes. Doctor asked me to have SAAZ thrice a day. Do I have RA or PSA?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Rheumatoid factor (RF) is a blood test that measures the amount of the RF antibody in the blood.
Most patients with rheumatoid arthritis, and almost all patients with Sjogren syndrome have positive RF tests.
However, not everyone with higher levels of rheumatoid factor has rheumatoid arthritis or Sjogren syndrome.
People with the following diseases may also have higher levels of rheumatoid factor:
Systemic lupus erythematosus
Higher-than-normal levels of RF may be seen in people with other medical problems. However, these higher RF levels cannot be used to diagnose these other conditions.:
AIDS, hepatitis, influenza,  and other viral infections
Certain kidney diseases
Endocarditis, tuberculosis, and other bacterial infections
Parasite infections
Leukemia, multiple myeloma, and other cancers etc
Sometimes, people who are healthy and have no other medical problem will have a higher-than-normal RF level.

Since you don't have persistent pain and swelling in your joints and anti CCP antibodies etc are negative,other causes should be looked into.
Answered: Thu, 7 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Rheumatologist Dr. Divya Agarwal's  Response
Actually you may not be having either becoz for these you need to be having persistent joint pain and swelling.
Answered: Wed, 6 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor